AHC51416 Diploma of Agribusiness Management
Develop your career with high-level Diplomas courses at TasTAFE. Our training is practical and relevant and you’ll walk away with real world skills for the Agriculture sector of today.
AHC51416 – Diploma of Agribusiness Management is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. It reflects the role of personnel working on farms, stations and related rural businesses involved in administering and managing those businesses. These units of competency cover all aspects of business management and the operation of the farm/business office. They include the management of all the business assets including financial, physical, animal and human resources. The business operations underpin the successful operation of all rural production businesses and it is imperative for long-term viability that technological skills be integrated with sound business management. This qualification would suit:
- People currently working in the rural industry and wanting to gain a qualification
- People who have completed some units of the AHC51416 – Diploma of Agribusiness Management and now wanting the entire qualification
- People looking for a change in career
- People who need to gain skills to satisfy various industry licensing requirements
If you wish to gain skills by completing selected units please us on 1300 655 307 for more information.
Location, Dates and Times
- Selected units only, offered mainly in the workplace
- Venue: E Block, Burnie Campus, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
The majority of learning will take place in the workplace, however it may be necessary for the student to commit some personal time to complete Learning Guides, assignments and access the internet/library etc. This course is for people who are currently employed in a rural workplace. Depending on the employers needs, learning will be on-the-job, however some workshop sessions may be available for selected units of competence. Learning options will include:
- On-the-job – training in a workplace
- Demonstrations – to show you how various tasks are undertaken
- Learning Guides – Books that contain information to assist with learning
- DVDs and Videos – Resources that provide extra support and information
- One-on-one mentoring
- Completed assignments
- Text books recommended by the Assessor
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Recognition – students may be able to show that they already have the knowledge and skills and don’t need to be assessed again.
- Short written assessment – question and answer style test.
- Projects – group or individual, may be practical or research based
- Assignments – research topic and provide a written response
- Practical – students will be observed doing tasks
- All students may be assessed in the workplace
- If required, other assessment methods may be used for students (eg verbal tests instead of short written tests)
- Testimonials from supervisor
- Photographic and other media evidence
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Eligible Diploma and Advanced Diploma students who are unable to pay tuition fees up front are able to defer fees under the VET Student Loans scheme. Further details are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/vetstudentloans/
People entering this course will have completed a AHC30116 – Certificate III in Agriculture or will be able to demonstrate that they have had extensive industry experience.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you. Prospective students will receive initial information during a face to face interview, usually at the workplace. This qualification is offered on a one-on-one basis.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AHC51416 – Diploma of Agribusiness Management.
A selection of units are offered. 10 units are required for the qualification.
Contact us today for a full list of units.