Short Course Crane Operation (Licenced)
These High Risk Work programs are designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely operate various types of both mobile and fixed cranes. They will prepare the participant for a National High risk Work Licence issued by Worksafe Tasmania.
Participants will learn to:
- plan work
- conduct routine checks
- set up and operate the crane (for selected class/type)
- calculate the load
- shut down and secure crane after completing operations
Successful participants are able to apply for National High Risk Work Licence (selected class) as issued by Workplace Standards Tasmania under the Workplace Health and Safety Act 2012.
- CB TLILIC3003 Licence to operate a bridge and gantry crane
- CN TLILIC3006 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
- CO TLILIC4011 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100 tonnes)
- C1 TLILIC4010 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 100 tonnes)
- C2 TLILIC3008 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes)
- C6 TLILIC4009 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 60 tonnes)
- CV TLILIC0012 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)
- On site training and assessment only
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 for more information
- Participants must be from 18 years of age and comply with the requirements outlined in the application for high risk work (GF083) published by Workplace Standards Tasmania and have a satisfactory level of literacy and numeracy.
- You MUST wear protective work wear (safety boots and Hi Vis clothing) for the practical assessment.
These need to be supplied by the student.
Contact us for a quote.
Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building & Construction Training Board (TBCITB) for those that qualify under eligibility criteria. For more information visit tbcitb.com.au.
A Statement of Attainment for selected units from the Training Package.