NONC0165A Firearms Licence Course – Tasmania
This course will assist participants to meet the requirements for a firearm licence in Tasmania.
- Firearms Safety Courses are conducted to determine the competency of applicants for firearms licences.
- Only those people who have Tasmania Police written approval to enrol may attend a firearm safety course.
- Applicants may only enrol in the category of firearms course for which police approval has been given.
- Courses are conducted in the English language.
To enrol participants must follow the below steps:
Go to Service Tasmania to lodge your application for a Firearms Licence.
When Tasmania Police approve the granting of the licence, they will forward you written approval to enrol in a course together with:
A list of course dates for you to select from
An information sheet about the course
TasTAFE enrolment forms
- Complete these forms including your list of preferred dates for the course and include your payment
- Payment can be made by credit card, cheque or you can come into a campus and pay in person
- Post to TasTAFE
- Upon receipt of your enrolment forms and payment, TasTAFE will send you confirmation of the course date and venue together with study notes and a pre-course examination paper for you to complete before the day of the course.
- 50 points of identification must be presented on the day of the course.
- You are ineligible to enrol in a Firearms Course without Police approval.
Location dates and times
- Dates are forwarded by Tasmanian Police after you lodge your application.
- Courses comprise of four hours theory in a classroom and four hours practical on a police approved shooting range. Security Industry Firearms Courses are run over three days.
This course is delivered on campus and on a police approved shooting range.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
Varies according to the category of firearms licence approved by Tasmania Police.
For further fee and payment information visit www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/