10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland)
This course will assist participants to meet the requirements for a firearm licence in Tasmania. These training requirements are consistent with the minimum national standards for the granting of firearm licences Australia wide.
- Firearms Safety Courses are conducted to determine the competency of applicants for firearms licences.
- Only those people who have Tasmania Police written approval to enrol may attend a firearm safety course.
- Applicants may only enrol in the category of firearms course for which police approval has been given.
- Courses are conducted in the English language.
To enrol participants must follow the below steps:
Go to Service Tasmania to lodge your application for a Firearms Licence.
When Tasmania Police approve the granting of the licence, they will forward you written approval to enrol in a course together with:
A list of course dates for you to select from
An information sheet about the course
TasTAFE enrolment forms
- Complete these forms including your list of preferred dates for the course and include your payment
- Post to TasTAFE
- Upon receipt of your enrolment forms and payment, TasTAFE will send you confirmation of the course date and venue together with study notes and a pre-course examination paper for you to complete before the day of the course.
- 50 points of identification must be presented on the day of the course.
- You are ineligible to enrol in a Firearms Course unless you have Police approval.
Dates and Times
- Dates are forwarded by Tasmanian Police after you lodge your application.
- Courses comprise four hours theory in a classroom and four hours practical on a police approved shooting range. (Security Industry Firearms Courses are run over three days)
Varies according to the category of firearms licence approved by Tasmania Police.