MSMSS00014 Confined Space Entry
The Confined Space Entry training is designed for those who work in, on or around confined spaces. This course provides participants with the knowledge and practical skills to operate safely within these confines.
Participants will learn:
- How to identify WHS hazards, assess risks and apply the appropriate control measures.
- To identify the limitations of permits under which work is to be conducted.
- To understand the importance of the (stand-by) observer role when operating as a member of a confined space work team.
- To assess risk prior to commencing any task associated with confined spaces.
- To select, fit and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and monitor equipment necessary for the safe execution of the task.
- About the respective state or territory legislation relevant to confined spaces including the Work Health & Safety Act 2012, Confined Space Codes of Practice, Confined Space Codes of Compliance and the current AS 2865: 2009 Confined Spaces.
This course also can be delivered in conjunction with Issue Work Permit and/or Breathing Apparatus at your request.
This course does not require a High Risk Licence but TasTAFE issue a Competency Card. There is no expiration date and at present no requirement for a refresher, but a recommendation of 2 years is made by most organisations for their workforce.
PLEASE NOTE: Register early as places are limited! Maximum number in a group is 10.
1 day course – Mondays – 8am to 4.30pm (Refresher is 8am to 12noon)
Bender Drive Campus, 8 Bender Drive, Derwent Park
- 2 July 2018
- 3 September 2018
- 5 November 2018
1 day course, Tuesday (Refresher is the first 4 hours of the full day course)
I Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- 31 August 2018
- 28 September 2018
1 day course – Tuesday (Refresher is the first 4 hours of the full day course)
Room B2.07, B Block, 20 Valley Road, Devonport
- 3 July 2018
Full course: $255 per person
Refresher only: $200 per person
This does not include the licence fee payable upon successful completion at Service Tasmania.
Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
Participants will need to wear appropriate personal protective clothing and footwear.
(Steel capped footwear and safety glasses)
For refresher you will need to supply a Workplace Testimonial completed & sent to us prior to course commencement.
A Statement of Attainment for selected units listed below.