Short Course Configure and Maintain Industrial Control Systems Networks
(UEENEEI150A – Develop, enter and verify discrete control programs for programmable controllers)
This course suits individuals looking to gain a fundamental understanding of control processes and applications of Direct Digital Controllers (DDC) in the HVAC sector. It is also suitable for those seeking to enter the field of Building Management System (BMS) Controls, servicing and engineering.
The course outline consists of:
- Have a basic understanding of the control process
- Describe what a sensor is and its use
- Understand where sensors should be located
- Describe how a controller works
- Describe what a controlled device is and how it can be used
Introduction to Direct Digital Control (DDC)
- Describe what a DDC is and have a basic understanding of the functions these devices can perform
- Describe common terminologies used by a DDC
- Understand the fundamentals of how PID Loops function
- Describe some basic programming blocks used in a DDC configuration
DDC Networking Basics
- Have an understanding of why we network DDC’s
- Understand how DDC’s communicate and share information
DDC Programming Basics
- Describe a DDC program
- Understand the basics of configuration logic
- Understand how a program functions
Please Note: Register early as places are limited! Maximum number in a group is 10.
Claremont Campus, Link Road, Claremont 7011
Devonport Campus, 20 Valley Road, Devonport
(depending on applicant location)
- Information Flyer
- Next dates are based on expressions of interest (2 day course)
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Participants must have the following unit of competency – Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace (UEENEE101A) or equivalent.
2018 – $710 per person
Participants may be eligible for funding assistance, you will need to contact TBCITB on (03) 6223 7804 or the website at http://www.tbcitb.com.au/
Upon successful completion of training, students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for the unit UEENEEI150A Develop, enter and verify discrete control programs for programmable controllers.