MEM07018C Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
This training satisfies the training needs of industrial manufacturers or those wanting to learn basic NC/CNC programming languages such as ISO or G-Code. This course includes hands-on learning and classroom teaching plus demonstrations that can be applied to many CNC controls.
This Skill Set is for current engineering trades people.
Participants will learn:
- To read and interpret job instructions, specifications and drawings to calculate coordinate points.
- To plan a machining job from beginning to end including selecting appropriate tooling and using work holding devices.
- To write NC/CNC programs in standard ISO or G-Codes
- About the production and use of an operation or job sheets.
- To operate a NC/CNC machine in manual mode to test and prove a program including simulation where appropriate.
- To edit NC/CNC programs.
- To check components to ensure it meets conformance and specifications.
- To set both workpiece and machine coordinates.
Location, dates and times
- Next Intake: To be confirmed
- Please register your interest as course dates are set subject to demand.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
2019: Price on Application
For further fee and payment information visit www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
What will I need to bring?
You must wear appropriate personal protective clothing, footwear and safety glasses.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.