10725NAT Course in Preliminary Spoken and Written English
10725NAT – Course in Preliminary Spoken and Written English (CSWE) offers language development in a social context and supports the settlement process of newly arrived students who have little or no English.
All the CSWE levels have units relating to speaking, listening, reading and writing. Learning is based around settlement themes including:
- family and relationships
- Australian community, government system
- work readiness
While most classes take place on campus, excursions into the local area are used to provide practical experiences in which learners can practise English and develop knowledge of, and confidence in, their new environment.
Classes are tailored to the individual and group needs so that students can meet their language and participation goals, while working towards completion of a certificate. A variety of different types of activities are used each day to ensure that different learning styles are catered for.
- Explicit teaching
- Role plays
- Class discussions
- Audio-visual resources (DVDs, CDs etc.)
- Guest speakers
- Technology assisted language learning
All students are assessed on enrolment so that they are placed in the most appropriate class.
Location, Dates and Times
Campbell Street Campus
- Classes run each of the 4 terms for 2019
- Next Intake (Term 1): 6 February 2019
- Duration: Monday to Thursday – 9am to 2:40pm
- Visit us on level 3, 75 Campbell St to register your interest for the AMEP* Program Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, OR Contact us on 1300 655 307
*TasTAFE delivers the AMEP Program in the South only
Max Solutions Pty Ltd is the AMEP provider in the North and Northwest.
The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training
To register your intention to study, please visit the Launceston Campus between 10am and 3pm to lodge an Expression of Interest on the following dates:
- Monday 3, 10 and 17 December 2018
- Thursday 6, 13 and 20 December 2018
- Term 1 Dates: 6 February to 12 April 2019
- Duration: 4 days per week, 16 hours per week
- Venue: English Language Services, C Block, Launceston Campus, Cnr Wellington & Paterson Streets, Launceston, OR Call us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
If you are unable to attend any of the above sessions, please contact us on 1300 655 307 to arrange an alternative day.
- Delivery of course offerings are dependent on the number of students registered.
- Only student enrolled prior to the start of term will be able to attend class.
This course is delivered on campus. Excursions into the local area are used to provide practical experiences in which learners can practise English and develop knowledge of, and confidence in, their new environment.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
This course is free.
There are no essential requirements for this course.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
10725NAT – Course in Preliminary Spoken and Written English