CHC40413 Certificate IV in Youth Work
CHC40413 Certificate IV in Youth Work teaches students to design, develop, deliver, facilitate and reflect on programs for young people through a range of community-based programs. These programs are designed to address the social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs of young people.
Graduates will have broad factual, technical and theoretical knowledge of relevant areas related to the youth sector and will have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of a broad knowledge base incorporating some relevant theoretical concepts.
Study focuses include:
- An understanding social, organisational and community services systems
- An understanding of policies and guidelines of the employing youth and community organisations and the implementation of their programs.
- Discussions of major social issues that impact on the lives of young people and their families
- Developing worker capacities in self-direction, working autonomously and decision making under the limited supervision.
Dates and Times
- This qualification is delivered by assessment in the workplace
- You can enrol at any time during the year subject to timetabling
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
This qualification consists of 18 units, 14 core units and 4 elective units.
We can tailor elective unit choices to meet the needs of students specifically in the areas of:
- Community Services
- Mental Health
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Individuals at risk