SIT40116 Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism
SIT40116 Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism is part of the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package.
Do you have a taste for travel and tourism? Then this course will help you gain a strong working knowledge and understanding of all sectors of the travel and tourism industry including tourism product information, Tasmanian and Australian destinations, customer service, tourism sales, social media and website design. Alongside this you will be provided with training that reflects the role of individuals who will use a broad range of sales and marketing or operational skills combined with a sound knowledge of industry operations. Graduates are expected to be able to operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. You will be provided with tools to work to undertake supervisory responsibilities and how to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members.
We work in close partnership with the local tourism industry, so you’ll gain a strong understanding of all sectors of the industry. Work placement and regular field trips and industry visits, to a range of leading tourism attractions, destinations and operators within the local regions and beyond are included in this course, along with many opportunities to engage and network with the stakeholders in the broader tourism industry.
On successful completion of the SIT40116 Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism qualification you also have the option of undertaking additional study to pathway through to an SIT60116 Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management and take advantage of our articulation programme offering credits to go through to the Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism Management) at the University of Tasmania.
Dates and Times
Hobart, Drysdale Campus
- Next Intake: 2019
- Duration: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Entry is open to individuals who are able to demonstrate tourism and travel industry knowledge, customer service and operational skills. An assessment will be made based on previous study and current work industry experience.
Depending on individual needs; learning will generally be a combination of theory lectures, and through practical application of skills in both the classroom and through industry engagement opportunities.
Assessments will be both theory and practical application of skills.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Essential: Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who are able to demonstrate tourism and travel industry knowledge, customer service and operational skills. The individual must either:
1) Be formally assessed through a training program or recognition process
2) Have relevant tourism and travel industry employment experience. A job that has involved the application of skills described in one of the unit clusters would be a satisfactory indicator for entry. A determination need not involve a formal process of measuring, evaluating or recording performance against the units of competency.
A total of 19 units (7 core and 12 electives) are required to complete this qualification.
Please note that in this course delivery seven of the required electives (highlighted below) are carried over from SIT30216 Certificate III in Travel or SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism. If you have not previously completed a SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism or SIT30216 Certificate III in Travel with Drysdale additional units will need to be completed or evidence of relevant industry experience provided. These additional units may need to be completed outside the timetabled classes and additional tuition fees may apply.
- SITTTSL002 Access and interpret product information
- SITTTSL004 Provide advice on Australian destinations
- SITTTSL005 Sell tourism products and services
- SITTTSL010 Use a computerised reservations or operations system
- SITTTSL008 Book supplier products and services
- SITTTSL009 Process travel-related documentation
- SITXCCS002 Provide visitor information
- SITXEBS001 Use social media in a business
- SITXEBS003 Build and launch a small business website
- SITXMPR001 Coordinate production of brochures and marketing materials
- SITTPPD002 Develop interpretive activities
- SITHFAB017 Provide advice on food & beverage matching**
** RSA is a pre-requisite for this unit, and can be undertaken separately when enrolling if not already achieved. Additional fees apply for RSA delivery.