CUA40915 Certificate IV in Music Industry – Performance
CUA40915 Certificate IV in Music Industry – Performance, is part of the Music Training Package. It is designed for people who want to learn more about the music industry and music performance including jazz, classical, contemporary and world. This course aims to provide a broad range of skills for those who wish to work in the Music Industry.
The Certificate IV in Music Industry – Performance is both an ideal launching pad for further musical studies, and an opportunity to gain skills, knowledge and contacts, increasing employment prospects in the local and national Music Industry. Music is both an industry and an art form, meeting cultural and recreational needs while also offering employment opportunities across many sectors: recording, publishing, retail, radio, television, film, video, advertising, computer software, multimedia, teaching, and of course, performance.
This qualification is suitable for people wishing to gain employment in the Music Industry, expand their knowledge of music and gain a qualification, or, as an introduction to tertiary musical studies.
Students completing this course have the following options: Continue study in one of the following:
- CUA50815 Diploma of Music Industry – Performance
- CUA40915 Certificate IV in Music Industry – Sound Production
- CUA50915 Diploma of Music Industry – Sound Production
- Skilled musicians such as instrumentalists, vocalists, ensemble and solo performers
- Advertising – jingle writers, musical directors and music librarians.
- Music Teaching – schools, higher education and private studios.
- Music Media – music critics, musicologists and researchers, music journalists and on air presenters.
Dates and Times
- Next Intake: 13 February – 29 November 2018
- Duration: 4 days per week, Monday to Thursday – 9am to 4pm
- Information Session: Tuesday, 23 January 2018 – 10am to 12pm
- Venue: 3rd Floor, C Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Interviews will be held on: 30, 31 January & 1, 6, 7, 8 February 2018 – between 10am and 3pm
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest for the Information Session and to book an interview time
The Certificate IV in Music Industry – Performance will be based around classroom delivery of theoretical aspects, technical information, and research and analysis activities. Students will perform Music within the general community and work on real and simulated industry experiences. Students will be required to work independently (with guidance) on personal music performance skills. Students will work in studio environments recording and producing individual projects and in collaboration with others.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health and Safety procedures must be followed.
- Assessment takes place throughout the year and at the end of projects
- Assessment will happen on the job and/or in a simulated workplace.
- Individual assessments may include: assessment checklists, workbooks, assignments, portfolios, projects, student presentations.
- Strategies may include: demonstrations, studio-based observation, exhibitions, presentation, role play, case studies, self and peer assessments.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Interview to demonstrate an appropriate level of creative ability and theoretical knowledge to enable successful completion of the program. Suitability interviews are held in November and January each year.
To gain this qualification successful completion of 14 units is required, comprising of 3 core units, 7 specialist units and 4 elective units.