BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources is part of the Business Services Training Package. It reflects the role of individuals who work in a range of support positions in human resources management. In smaller companies they may work across all human resources functional areas and in larger companies they may be assigned responsibilities in units or business areas focused on discrete human resources functions, such as remuneration, workforce planning or human resources information systems.
Human resource management is all about people. It deals with recruiting and selecting the most suitable and qualified staff and it is concerned with their development, motivation and training in order to minimise turnover and increase performance.
Human Resource Management is growing in importance as businesses recognise that their competition and profitability depends largely on their ability to attract, retain and work with the best staff possible. In most organisations the HR function covers personnel administration, personnel services such as recruitment, industrial relations, training and development, human resources planning and knowledge management.
Fast track options are available for those with considerable experience in business.
This qualification would suit:
- People who work in, or have an interest in working in human resources management
- People who wish to develop underpinning skills for study in Human Resources Management or Management at Diploma and/or Advanced Diploma level
This qualification gives you the skills you need to work in a range of support positions in human resources management. In smaller companies you may work across all human resources functional areas and in larger companies you may be assigned responsibilities in such areas as remuneration, workforce planning or human resources information systems.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Human Resources Officer
- Human Resources Assistant
- Payroll Officer
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
- Human Resources Management and/or other Management qualifications at Diploma level.
- The Diploma qualifications in conjunction with selected Certificate IV units, have formal advanced standing arrangements in place with the University of Tasmania’s Bachelor of Business course. You finish up with tertiary qualifications and practical experience in your chosen field.
Location, dates and times
Campbell Street Campus – Workshops / Online
- Workshops are delivered at the Campbell Street Campus, 75 Campbell Street, Hobart
Online – managed by the South
- Online – Rolling Intake
Clarence Campus: This course can be undertaken online with some workshops options.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Workshop activities
- Problem based learning
- Workplace research and reflection
- Reports and plans
- Written assignments
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
What will I need to bring?
Students will need to have:
- Access to a computer with the Microsoft Software Suite and broadband
- An email address
- A memory stick or some kind of portable memory device is highly recommended.
- TasTAFE has computer labs at regional campuses which are open for students to access during normal business hours
Are there any ‘other’ costs?
A learning resource fee of $190 applies.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources.
BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources requires completion of 10 units, comprising of 6 core and 4 electives.