BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources is part of the Business Services Training Package. It reflects the role of individuals who work in a range of support positions in human resources management. In smaller companies they may work across all human resources functional areas and in larger companies they may be assigned responsibilities in units or business areas focused on discrete human resources functions, such as remuneration, workforce planning or human resources information systems.
Human resource management is all about people. It deals with recruiting and selecting the most suitable and qualified staff and it is concerned with their development, motivation and training in order to minimise turnover and increase performance.
Human Resource Management is growing in importance as businesses recognise that their competition and profitability depends largely on their ability to attract, retain and work with the best staff possible.
In most organisations the HR function covers personnel administration, personnel services such as recruitment, industrial relations, training and development, human resources planning and knowledge management.
Fast track options are available for those with considerable experience in business.
This qualification would suit:
- People who work in, or have an interest in working in human resources management
- People who wish to develop underpinning skills for study in Human Resources Management or Management at Diploma and/or Advanced Diploma level
This qualification gives you the skills you need to work in a range of support positions in human resources management. In smaller companies you may work across all human resources functional areas and in larger companies you may be assigned responsibilities in such areas as remuneration, workforce planning or human resources information systems.
Typical titles for people working in HR are: Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Assistant, Payroll Officer
Further study options:
- Human Resources Management and/or other Management qualifications at Diploma level.
- The Diploma qualifications in conjunction with selected Certificate IV units, have formal advanced standing arrangements in place with the University of Tasmania’s Bachelor of Business course. You finish up with tertiary qualifications and practical experience in your chosen field.
Dates and Times
Statewide – managed by the South
- Online – Rolling Intake
- Workshops are delivered at the Campbell Street Campus, 75 Campbell Street, Hobart
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Please bring the following along to your interview:
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Proof of concession if applicable
- A current resume
- Transcripts of results achieved previously at other educational institutions
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Options for assessment may include:
- Workshop activities
- Problem based learning
- Workplace research and reflection
- Reports and plans
- Written assignments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
A learning resource fee may apply
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
You need to have the capacity to undertake training to work in a range of support positions in human resources management.
BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources requires completion of 10 units, comprising of 6 core and 4 electives.