AHC40416 Certificate IV in Horticulture
AHC40416 Certificate IV in Horticulture is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
This course develops skills and knowledge at a managerial level in the horticulture industry. Students will have the opportunity to put their learning into practice by participating in the work-placement component of the course. Skills and knowledge development is underpinned by specific projects within the industry.
This qualification would suit:
- People currently working in horticulture at a supervisory level and wanting to gain a qualification.
- People who have completed some units of the Certificate III or IV in Horticulture and now wanting the entire qualification.
- People wishing to progress their career in the Horticulture sector.
- Students who have completed selected units only, may enrol in the entire AGHC40416 – Certificate IV in Horticulture or AHC50416- Diploma of Horticulture.
Location, dates and times
- Next Intake: To be advised
- Flexible delivery – you are expected to be employed in industry
- Rolling intake
- Flexible delivery – You are expected to be employed in the industry
- Rolling Intake
- Call us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
This course is for people who are currently employed in the Horticulture sector. Depending on your needs, learning may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. Learning options will include:.
- On-the-job – training in your workplace.
- Off-the-job – Learning will be in TasTAFE or in an appropriate venue
- Demonstrations – to show you how to do things.
- Learning Guides – Books that contain information to help with your learning.
- DVDs and Videos – Resources that give you extra support and information.
- Classroom learning for theory.
- One-on-one mentoring.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Short written assessment – question and answer style test.
- Projects – group or individual, may be practical or research based.
- Assignments – research topic and provide a written response.
- Practical – you will be observed doing tasks.
- All students may be assessed in the workplace.
- Testimonials from supervisor.
- Photographic and other media evidence.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Students must satisfy a foundation skill assessment.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AHC40416 Certificate IV in Horticulture.
To successfully achieve this qualification you need 1 core unit and 11 elective units.
Contact us today or a full list of electives.