MEM40412 Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting
MEM40412 Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting covers the skills and knowledge required for a draftsperson producing specialist engineering drawings within an engineering design environment. The course will provide an integrated knowledge of the technical and design systems as they pertain to engineering, as well as an understanding of the administrative processes necessary in achieving the desired outcomes for engineering projects.
This qualification may lead to employment as an engineering draftsperson in the fields of civil, structural or local government engineering, among others.
The units that TasTAFE offer to make up this course have been selected in consultation with industry to reflect their needs and to ensure that graduates are prepared with the skills that employers are looking for. The skill-base you will develop in this course has been designed to be diverse enough to enable graduates to be adaptive to varying engineering and associated professional environments, to give the best possible employability outcomes for our students.
Areas of study include:
- Interacting with computer technology
- Technical, civil and structural drafting
- Reporting technical information
- Computer aided design (CAD) 2D and 3D
- Measure and sketch site information
- Basic engineering drawing
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Engineering drafting personnel in both government and private sector engineering offices.
- The public sector areas in which engineering drafters gain employment include: Housing, Health and Community Services, and building facilities departments of local, state and federal governments.
- Employment by other allied professions such as architects, town planners and builders.
Location, dates and times
Australia wide – Online – Rolling Intake, beginning in February.
Clarence Campus – Part-time (Online and evening classes)
- Rolling Intake
|Clarence||Wednesday, 26 June 2019, 5pm to 7pm
Room C2.07, C Block, 4A Bounty Street, Warrane
Clarence Campus – Face to Face
- Next Intake: February 2020
- Duration: Full-time, face to face for one year
- Rolling Intake (Online only)
|Alanvale||Wednesday, 26 June 2019, 1pm to 3pm
Room A2.36/37/38, A Block, 54A Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Part-time (Online and evening classes)
- Call 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
Are there ‘other costs’?
Text books will be required.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
MEM40412 Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting.
MEM40412 Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting comprises 15 units packaged as 4 core units and 11 electives.
All units below must be completed successfully to gain the qualification.