AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture
AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
This course is aimed at those people who wish to work at a supervisory level in the agricultural industry. It is workplace-based, which means TasTAFE trainers visit students on their worksite every 4 to 8 weeks to assess progress.
If you are not currently in a suitable workplace, TasTAFE staff may be able to assist you in doing this.
This qualification would suit:
- People looking for a change in career
- People currently working in agriculture at a supervisory level and wanting to gain a qualification
- People who have completed some units of the AHC30116 Certificate III in Agriculture or AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture and now wanting the entire qualification
- People who need to gain skills to satisfy various industry licensing requirements
- People wishing to progress their career in the agriculture sector
If you wish to gain skills by completing selected units please call 1300 655 307 for more information.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Qualified agriculture worker.
Location, Dates and Times
- Rolling Intake
- Duration: Varies depending on units selected. Predominately on the job.
- Venue: H Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- You must either be employed in industry or have access to a property to complete the practical component of training
- Next Intake: 2019
- Venue: E Block, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
This course is for people who are currently employed in the agriculture sector. Depending on you and your employers needs, learning may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. Learning options will include:.
- On-the-job – training in your workplace
- Off-the-job – Learning will be in TasTAFE, or in an appropriate venue
- Demonstrations – to show you how to do things
- Learning Guides – books that contain information to help with your learning
- DVDs and Videos – resources that give you extra support and information
- Classroom learning for theory
- One-on-one mentoring.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Short written assessment – question and answer style test
- Projects – group or individual, may be practical or research based
- Assignments – research topic and provide a written response
- Practical – you will be observed doing tasks
- Testimonials from supervisor
- Photographic and other media evidence
- Assessment methods will be negotiated using a variety and or combination of the above methods
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AHC40116 – Certificate IV in Agriculture.
To successfully achieve AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture, 12 units must be completed, 1 core and 11 electives.