SIT31016 Certificate III in Pâtisserie
SIT31016 Certificate III in Pâtisserie provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent as a qualified cook who specialises in pâtisserie. Work would be undertaken in various hospitality enterprises where pâtisserie products are prepared and served, including pâtisseries, restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. Individuals may have some responsibility for others and provide technical advice and support as a team.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as:
- basic cooking
- preparing hot and cold desserts, pastries, cakes and yeast goods.
Possible job titles include:
Available to workplace based students (apprentices/trainees/commercial). You can enrol and start at any time.
For more information go to our Apprenticeship and Traineeship page or phone 1300 655 307.
Marist College Trade Training Centre
Initial contact is to be made with an Apprenticeship Centre
- Information Flyer
- Course Dates: May 2018 – October 2018
- Duration: approx. 2 days per week
- To be eligible for this course, participants must already hold a qualification in Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Call (03) 647 84263 for more information about this course
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Resources and Equipment
Clothing included in fees as follows:
- White polo tops (2)
- Flat-top Chefs hat (1)
- White waist 3/4 aprons (2)
- Black drawstring pants (2)
Compulsory to comply with Workplace Health and Safety regulations are the following:
- Black safety boots or black leather shoes
- Equipment – list given out at Induction. Purchase cost around $150
Teachers will give additional advice on selection and cost of clothing and equipment.
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
- Entry is dependent on an interview process.
To successfully complete this qualification you need 17 core units and 5 elective units.
Electives may vary from region to region, contact the Team for a full list of electives.