CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry – Performance
This course is for people who wish to gain employment in the music industry, and/or develop skills and knowledge related to music performance in a wide variety of styles and genres.
It is both an ideal launching pad for further musical studies, and an opportunity to gain skills, knowledge, contacts, and increase employment prospects in the local and national music industry.
Music is both an industry and an art form, meeting cultural and recreational needs while also offering employment opportunities across many sectors: recording, publishing, retail, radio, television, film, video, advertising, computer software, multimedia, teaching, and of course, performance.
This qualification is suitable for people wishing to gain employment in the music industry, expand their knowledge of music and gain a qualification, or, as an introduction to tertiary musical studies.
- Perform music within the general community and work on real and simulated industry experiences.
- Be required to work independently (with guidance) on personal music performance skills.
- Work in studio environments recording and producing individual projects and in collaboration with others.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Skilled musicians such as instrumentalists, vocalists, ensemble and solo performers
- Advertising – jingle writers, musical directors and music librarians
- Music Teaching – schools, higher education and private studios
- Music Media – music critics, musicologists and researchers, music journalists and on air presenters
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
- CUA40915 Certificate IV in Music Industry – Performance
- CUA40915 Certificate IV in Music Industry – Sound Production
Locations, dates and times
- Next Intake: 4 February 2020
- Duration: 1 year full-time, 3 days per week between Monday and Thursday, 9am to 4pm
|Alanvale Campus||Tuesday, 26 November 2019, 10am – 11am
Room C3.17, C Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
Classroom delivery of theoretical aspects, technical information, and research and analysis activities. Students will perform Music within the general community and work on real and simulated industry experiences. Students will work in studio environments recording and producing individual projects and in collaboration with others.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Written and verbal questioning
- Workplace Documents
- Written assignments
- Observations on the job and/or in a simulated assessment environment
- Self and peer assessments
- Role plays
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
What will I need to bring?
Students are required to bring:
- Hearing protection (ear muffs/ear plugs)
- Note taking resources (pens, paper, etc.)
- Personal musical instrument in some cases
There are no essential entry requirements for this course
Desirable Skills and Attributes
The following skills and attributes will be useful to students studying this course:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to use word processing software
- Basic music performance skills
An interview process will be conducted to ensure this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry –Performance
To achieve a CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry –Performance, 11 units must be successfully completed. These include 4 core units.