CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media (Web Design)
CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media is replacing CUF30107 Certificate III in Media.
This nationally recognised training product introduces students to a wide range of foundation skills & knowledge expected of a student intent on becoming a Front-End Designer or Developer.
It delivers skills and knowledge across the following topics:
- Coding for the Web (HTML5, CSS3)
- Creating and editing digital artwork
- Design fundamentals (Design Principles, typography, colour, layout, composition)
- 2D animation for the web / broadcast
- Design for user interface (mobile/web)
- Writing for the web (includes strategies for SEO, working with web docs.)
- Introduction to Responsive Web Design
- Introduction to FTP, validating code and testing for accessibility
- Introduction to the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Animate, Dreamweaver)
- Introduction to third-party tools (Google Apps, Typeform, Facebook, OBS, Greenshot)
The CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media offers training for entry-level positions in industry specialisations such as
- Entry-level web designer working under supervision
- Entry-level multimedia content creator working under supervision
- Multimedia production assistant working under supervision
- Supplementing existing job role with basic knowledge of web publishing, digital media and emerging technology
Dates and Times
- Next Intake: 2018
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
The course is delivered as a full-time online program with the expectation that students spend at least 15 hrs a week studying.
Within this online environment, participants are offered flexible delivery using a combination of structured gradual skills-building learning tasks, supported by tutorials, forums , Skype screen-sharing and in-house developed demonstration videos.
Students will be expected to work unsupervised on specific projects outside their normal class times.
Further Study Options
After completion of the CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media, candidates can expect to have a seamless pathway to the on-campus ICT40315 Certificate IV in Web-based Technologies.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
There are no formal pre-requisites to study this course. However, limited spaces are available so prospective students will be required to undertake an interview. Evidence of interest in this area and previous experience with online learning would be of benefit to the applicants.
In addition, preference is given to prospective students who can demonstrate Australian Core Skills Framework | Reading 3-4, Writing 3-4 and Numeracy 2-3 levels.
There’s a lot of reading and writing in this qualification and particularly in industry in this field. Having these skills is vital to making a success of this course and your career.
To gain this qualification successful completion of 11 units is required, consisting of 3 core units plus at least 8 elective units.