AHC30616 Certificate III in Production Horticulture
Do you work on a farm and are interested in gaining a qualification for the industry you are working in?
This course is for people who are currently employed in a rural workplace. You should complete the full Certificate III in Production Horticulture within 24 months on-the-job. Depending on you and your employer’s needs, learning may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both.
You can enrol and start at anytime. We will work with you to determine a training and assessment plan that best suits your needs.
Careers vary across different industry sectors. Possible careers relevant to this qualification include:
- Vegetable or mushroom farm worker
- Orchard of vineyard farm worker
- Plantation worker
Dates and Times
Workplace based Students
- Rolling Intake
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- You must either be employed in industry or have access to a property to complete the practical component of training
- Rolling Intake
- Duration: varies depending on units selected, predominately on the job
- Venue: G Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Call 1300 655 307 to register your interest
AHC30616 Certificate III in Production Horticulture is for people who are currently employed in a rural workplace. If you have a training contract you will be enrolled as an apprentice. Depending on you and your employer’s needs, learning may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both.
For more information for Apprentices please go to our Apprenticeship and Traineeship page.
- Learning in a rural workplace with TasTafe facilities where appropriate
- Demonstrations – to show you how to do things
- Learning Guides – books that contain information to help with your learning
- DVDs and Videos – resources that give you extra support and information
- Classroom learning for theory
- One-on-one mentoring
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Your suitability and support needs will be evaluated during a conversation with one of our teachers and/or by answering some written questions.
This will help us to determine what, if any, additional support may be needed or to provide you with further career path advice.
To achieve a AHC30616 Certificate III in Production Horticulture 15 units must be successfully completed, consisting of 1 core unit and 14 elective units.