Programs Return to Study
This course is designed to assist learners gain the necessary skills to be successful learners in their chosen course of further study.
The course is a post school qualification aimed at, and suitable for, individuals who require:
- bridging language, literacy and numeracy skills to continue with further study often at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 3 – 7
- reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 4 – 5
- entry level employability skills
- entry level ICT
- entry to a prevocational pathway to employment
This qualification is suitable for adults who have completed school some time ago.
Learners in this qualification have usually chosen their preferred vocational pathway and need to build up their current LLN and/or work related skills to enter that pathway.
This short, part-time course helps you develop the study skills you need to successfully undertake Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Certificate level courses (Certificate III or IV) as well as help you to develop the study skills you need for a university degree.
Dates and Times
The Return to Study program runs 3 days per week, for 16 weeks, twice a year.
- Next Intake: 2018
- Venue: 75 Campbell Street, Hobart
- Qualification: A cluster of units from various Training Packages
For more information contact Vocational Preparation South on 616 55805 or General Enquiries on 1300 655 307.
This course is FREE.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however applicants must participate in a suitability process. Information and application forms are sent to potential students and students self-select if they believe the course meets their needs. Students fill out an application form. Applicants are contacted to arrange an interview and following the interview are either accepted into the course or referred to an alternative appropriate level course. This ensures the candidate has the best possible chance to successfully achieve the qualification in which they have enrolled.