Short Course Introduction to Nursing
This program has been structured to present an introduction to working in the health care sector with a focus on entering the nursing profession through the Diploma of Nursing. Selection is via an interview.
It covers workers who provide support for the effective functioning of health services, requiring discretion and judgment. These functions are carried out under supervision. These workers may also provide a team leadership, workplace training or leading hand function. Health support services do not involve direct care assistance tasks such as assisting other staff with care of clients.
The Introduction to nursing program would suit:
- People wishing to develop their study skills prior to undertaking the Diploma of Nursing
- People who would like to work in Health & Aged Care Services Industry
- People who are looking for a career change
On completion of this course you may wish to gain further relevant qualifications. These include:
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Certificate IV in Aged Care Work
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Diploma of Nursing
This certificate prepares students for work as an Extended Care Assistant within residential aged care and the community. Employees regularly seek out students who have completed this Certificate.
Dates and Times
- Next Intake: Monday, 27 August 2018
- Duration: 16 weeks, 3 days per week – Monday, Tuesday & Thursday – 9am to 3pm
- Information/Suitability Sessions: Tuesday, 31 July 2018 – 10am
- Venue: Room D1.04, Theatrette, Clarence Campus, Bounty Street, Warrane
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest.
Successful completion of this course does not guarantee a place in the Diploma of Nursing.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
2018 Cost: $587
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Introduction to Nursing
Students will achieve a Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units.