FWP30216 Certificate III in Harvesting and Haulage
FWP30216 Certificate III in Harvesting and Haulage is part of the Forest and Wood Products Training Package and is designed for job roles in the harvesting and haulage sector. The forest industry forms an important part of Tasmania’s economy and the career opportunities are extensive. This qualification is available to assist people in developing both new and existing skills and is suitable for new employees in the industry as well as existing workers with experience. When you enrol your assessor will meet with you to discuss your level of experience and any training needs. The benefits of completing this qualification include:
- earn while you learn
- graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- undertake training and/or assessment on-the-job in your workplace
- develop new and existing skills
- gain formal recognition of your skills
- obtain multiple endorsements for your FOL’s licence
The length of time taken to complete this qualification will vary according to your experience and existing skills.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Bulldozer Operator
- Excavator Operator
- Feller Buncher Operator
- Forest Harvester
- Forwarder Operator
- Harvesting Technician
- Professional Tree Faller
- Loader Operator
- Log truck driver
- Mobile Equipment Operator
- Skidder Operator
Location, Dates and Times
Statewide – Workplace Based
- You can enrol and start at any time. We will work with you to determine a training and assessment plan that best suits your needs.
- Duration of course depends on your skill level and experience and for a new employee could take up to 24 months to complete. For an existing worker the duration would be a lot shorter.
This course is delivered in the workplace.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Short written assessment – question and answer style test.
- Practical – you will be observed doing tasks.
- All participants will be assessed in the workplace.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
FWP30216 – Certificate III in Harvesting and Haulage.
To be awarded the FWP30216 Certificate III in Harvesting and Haulage, competency must be achieved in thirteen (13) units of competency including seven core units and six elective units.