CPC32713 Certificate III in Gas Fitting
Fancy a career in the gas industry?
CPC32713 Certificate III in Gas Fitting is aimed at existing workers in the plumbing and gas industry.
The program gives recognition for existing skills along with additional gap training to meet the requirements of CPC32713 – Certificate III in Gas Fitting and will enable the successful participant to undertake Certificate IV licensing units to meet the requirements of Occupational Licensing Certifier Level.
Licensing requirements for this course are completed in conjunction with units from Certificate IV in Plumbing & Services & Restricted Electrical Training.
This qualification provides a trade outcome in gas fitting.
Location, dates and times
- The course structure is made up of an individual interview with each participant, then a minimum of two 2 week workshops and additional gap training if required.
- The course is competency based and should take approximately 12 weeks to complete depending on timetabling and gap training.
- Please contact us for more information, enrolments can be taken throughout the year.
- This course is offered through our Claremont Campus
Apprenticeship Network provider or call the Australian Apprenticeships referral line on 13 38 73. Apprenticeship Network providers are contracted by the Australian Government to provide free Australian Apprenticeships support services to apprentices and employers. If you are a school student thinking of starting an Australian Apprenticeship while still at school, your school careers adviser should be your first point of call for information on Australian Apprenticeships. Useful Links:
- The Australian Apprenticeships Pathways website.
- The Australian Apprenticeships careers website.
- The TasTAFE Apprenticeships website.
This course is delivered via the following study modes:
- In the workplace/on campus
- Learning is primarily completed at TasTAFE and is put into practice in the workplace using daily work activities, and under the supervision of an employer/supervisor
Assessment of the units in this qualification is generally completed at TasTAFE, using evidence from activities conducted during theory and practical classes. Generally a combination of observations, work projects and questioning are used for assessment in our simulated work environment.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognized for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
What will I need to bring?
Participants must supply, pen, paper, Australian Standards, clear safety glasses, steel-capped footwear and appropriate workplace clothing. (Combination overalls for Welding)
Are there ‘other’ costs?
- Australian Standards $150.00 approx.
- Text books $214.75 over two years
- Australian Standard AS/NZS 1596:2014 The storage & handling of LP Gas
- 2013 Australian Standard: AS/NZS 5601 Gas Installation part 1 & 2
- Text: Basic Plumbing Skills (Cengage 3rd edition Oct 2016) $77.95
- Text: Construction Skills (Scaffold) $53.85
- Text: Basic Plumbing Services: Gas Services by Owen Smith $82.95
Standards are available on enrolment and can be downloaded from TasTAFE Libraries at a reduced cost. Please discuss the purchase of textbooks with your trainer. Book prices may vary depending on the market.
Work Placements, Licensing and Other Requirements
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to enter CPC 440912 Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services and on completion of this qualification; you can apply for a Gas Certifiers License within Tasmania.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
CPC32713 Certificate III in Gas Fitting.
Based on information available from www.training.gov.au the following packaging rules apply for completion of this training product:
32 units of competency are required for this training product including:
- 26 core units
- 6 elective units
Some units in this qualification may have prerequisite requirements, which must be met when packaging the qualification. Users are referred to the list of CPC08 units with prerequisite unit requirements available in this Training Package for this purpose.