SIT30516 Certificate III in Events
SIT30516 Certificate III in Events is designed for people with a genuine passion and interest in Tasmania’s festival, meeting and event sector. This course provides you with skills and knowledge for employment in the broad tourism industry including work in a variety of areas including convention and meeting bureaus, hotels, local government, conference venues and festivals.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- conference assistant
- event administrative assistant
- event assistant
- event operations assistant
- exhibitions assistant
- in-house meetings assistant
- junior event coordinator
- logistics assistant
- meetings assistant
- venue assistant
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
- SIT40116 Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism
- SIT60116 Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Location, dates and times
Hobart, Drysdale Campus
- Next Intake: To be advised
- Call 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
Are there any ‘other’ costs?
Uniform: $115 (2 black long sleeved shirts, 1 apron)
Total Cost: $389
Desirable Skills and Attributes
The following skills and attributes will be useful to students studying this course:
- Successful completion of Tourism Studies and/or SIT20116 Certificate II in Tourism or relevant industry experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a general understanding, interest and passion for the Tasmanian events sector.
You will be required to attend an informal interview to ensure this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
SIT30516 Certificate III in Events.
To achieve a SIT30516 Certificate III in Events a minimum 13 units must be completed: 6 core units and 7 electives.