BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration is part of the Business Services Training Package. This qualification applies to a range of administrative roles in varied contexts.
Individuals in these positions use some discretion and judgement and may provide technical advice and support to a team.
This qualification would suit those who wish to develop broad, entry-level administrative skills for the Business environment.
This qualification is available under the Traineeship framework.
Further study options may include:
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business or other Certificate IV qualifications
This qualification will give you skills which support a career within a business administrative role within a range of businesses. Career opportunities may include:
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Officer
- Human Resources Clerk
- Accounts Clerk
- Word Processing Operator
- Data Entry Operator
- Records Clerk
- Invoicing Officer
- And other similar roles
Dates and Times
Online – Statewide
- Next Intake: 2019
- Duration: Full-time, 1 year or Part-time over 18 months to 2 years
- Call us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- All students will undertake an application process to ensure the correct pathway is considered
The qualification resources are available online, with learning support and teacher interaction provided. Options for enrolment throughout the study year are offered to suit your flexibility requirements.
Assessment will be included within the course, but may require some additional work to meet the evidence requirements of the unit. For example, work placement, whether voluntary or paid, will provide evidence of you applying business skills in a workplace context.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Assessment may include:
- demonstration in a work or simulated work environment
- open and closed book assessments
- case studies
- workplace projects
Assessment feedback may identify:
- Corrections required to demonstrate competency or any missing work
- Re-assessment requirements (if any) – you are provided with 3 attempts at assessment tasks
- Your final result
- Recommendations for future action (if relevant)
You will also be able to check your feedback with the teacher throughout your course.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Resources and Equipment
To complete this qualification, you must have access to:
- a computer, if using a laptop – a separate keyboard and mouse is suggested.
- a personal email address
- an internet connection and have Microsoft Office installed. (Please note that we do not provide learning support for computer software that is not Windows based.)
If you are studying on-campus in a TasTAFE campus library; these resources are provided for you. If studying off-campus, it is your responsibility to provide or find access to these resources.
The bookkeeping units also require the purchase of supporting textbooks and these are an additional purchase by the student.
The preferred pathway into this qualification includes:
- Achieving the Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification, or
- Provide evidence of competency in the majority of units required for the Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification, or
- Vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal business qualification.
Total number of units required to complete this qualification: 13 consisting of 2 core units and 11 electives.