BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration is part of the Business Services Training Package. It aims to develop communication and record keeping skills at a higher level for those seeking employment in a wide range of business and administrative positions.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of administrative competencies in varied work contexts, using some discretion and judgement. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
This qualification would suit:
- People who wish to develop broad, entry-level skills for the Business environment
- Have completed a Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualifications OR Demonstrate knowledge and skills in business administration
- People who wish to study Business Administration at Certificate IV or Diploma level
- This course is recommended particularly for school leavers and other students with limited or no workplace experience.
Further study options may include:
- training through Certificate IV, Diploma to Advanced Diploma. Entry to the Diploma programs is available to those with Certificate IV in any of the Business programs or with appropriate work experience.
- NB: Please note that success in some units in the Diploma program is dependent on you having underpinning knowledge and skills (gained through studying related units at Certificate IV level or through work experience in these fields).
- This qualification will not lead towards any one career. Rather, it will give you skills which support your career within any business.
Career opportunities include:
- Clerical Officer
- Administration Assistant
- Human Resources Clerk
- Accounts Clerk
- Word Processing Operator
- Data Entry Operator
- Records Clerk
- Invoicing Officer
Dates and Times
Online – Statewide – Information Booklet
The online course is managed by the Devonport Campus
- Expressions of Interest are being taken for 2018
- Call us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Devonport and Burnie Campus
Certificate III in Business Administration is offered via flexible delivery.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed.
A range of assessment strategies are used. These may include:
- demonstration in a work or simulated work environment
- open and closed book assessments
- case studies
- workplace projects
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Resources and Equipment
Students will need to have access to a range of learning resources to complete this qualification. They may choose to purchase text books or you may be able to borrow them from the Learning Centre. A memory stick or some kind of portable memory device is highly recommended, as a way of backing up work saved on TasTAFE computers. All students will need to have regular access to a computer with internet access and Microsoft Office installed. TasTAFE has computer labs which are open for students to access during normal business hours.
If studying the MYOB units, two text books will be required, the approximate cost for both of these is $120.
Preferred pathways into this qualification include:
- Achieving the Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification, or
- Provide evidence of competency in the majority of units required for the Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification, or
- With some vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal business qualification.
Total number of units required to complete this qualification: 13 consisting of 2 core units and 11 electives.