BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration is part of the Business Services Training Package. It aims to develop communication and record keeping skills at a higher level for those seeking employment in a wide range of business and administrative positions.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of administrative competencies in varied work contexts, using some discretion and judgement. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
This qualification would suit:
- People who wish to develop broad, entry-level skills for the Business environment
- Have completed a Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualifications OR Demonstrate knowledge and skills in business administration
- People who wish to study Business Administration at Certificate IV or Diploma level
- This course is recommended particularly for school leavers and other students with limited or no workplace experience.
Further study options may include:
- training through Certificate IV, Diploma to Advanced Diploma. Entry to the Diploma programs is available to those with Certificate IV in any of the Business programs or with appropriate work experience.
- NB: Please note that success in some units in the Diploma program is dependent on you having underpinning knowledge and skills (gained through studying related units at Certificate IV level or through work experience in these fields).
- This qualification will not lead towards any one career. Rather, it will give you skills which support your career within any business.
Career opportunities include:
- Clerical Officer
- Administration Assistant
- Human Resources Clerk
- Accounts Clerk
- Word Processing Operator
- Data Entry Operator
- Records Clerk
- Invoicing Officer
Dates and Times
Online – Statewide
The online course is managed by the Devonport Campus
- Expressions of Interest are being taken for 2018
- Call us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Assessment will be included within the course, but may require some additional work to meet the evidence requirements of the unit. For example, a voluntary work placement will provide evidence of you applying business skills in a workplace context.
Assessment feedback may identify:
- Corrections required to demonstrate competency or any missing work
- Re-assessment requirements (if any) – you are provided with 3 attempts at assessment tasks
- Your final result
- Recommendations for future action (if relevant)
You will also be able to check your feedback with the teacher throughout your course.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Resources and Equipment
To complete this qualification, you must have access to:
- a computer, if using a laptop – a separate keyboard and mouse is suggested.
- a personal email address
- an internet connection and have Microsoft Office installed. (Please note that we do not provide learning support for computer software that is not Windows based.)
If you are studying on-campus in a TasTAFE campus library; these resources are provided for you. If studying off-campus, it is your responsibility to provide or find access to these resources.
The bookkeeping units (textbooks) are an additional purchase.
Watsonia Resources (Online) are used for the computing units.
Preferred pathways into this qualification include:
- Achieving the Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification, or
- Provide evidence of competency in the majority of units required for the Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification, or
- With some vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal business qualification.
Total number of units required to complete this qualification: 13 consisting of 2 core units and 11 electives.