AUR31016 Certificate III in Automotive Sales
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform sales-related tasks in the automotive service and repair sector.
AUR31016 Certificate III in Automotive Sales prepares new employees for work in the industry and is also suitable to recognise and develop existing workers in the field of Spare Parts Interpreting.
This course is for people who are currently employed in the automotive sales sector. To enrol in this course, you must be employed in the industry either under a contract of training (apprentice or school based apprentice) or as a non-apprentice and have access to a relevant workplace.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Automotive Sales Person (Spare Parts Interpreting)
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
- AUR30316 – Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- AUR30616 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR30716 – Certificate III in Outdoor Power Equipment
- AUR30816 – Certificate III in Motorcycle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31116 – Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31216 – Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
Location, dates and times
- Rolling intakes: You can start this course at any time.
- Duration: On-the-Job
- Apprentices will undertake a workplace signup and start of course induction session.
- Non apprentices will complete a start of course induction session
This course may be delivered via the following study mode:
- Workplace (On the job training and assessment)
- Online (All study can be completed online/distance)
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include;
- Verbal questioning
- Profiling of workplace tasks
- Quizzes/multiple choice
- Observations on the job
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Are there ‘other’ costs?
Other Fees apply to this course for login access to the following:
- MyProfiling – $50
There are no essential entry requirements for this course
Work Placements, Licensing and Other Requirements
Those students who need a Forklift License need to have a drivers license and be 18 years of age.
Successful completion of this course can lead to eligibility to apply for a Workplace Standards Forklift License. Please note that TasTAFE do not issue the license and that it is your responsibility to meet any additional requirements. Further details can be found here https://worksafe.tas.gov.au/licensing
Desirable Skills and Attributes
The following skills and attributes will be useful to students studying this course:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic comprehension and mechanical aptitude skills
- The ability to use a computer and phone Apps
You need to be employed, or have a work history, within the automotive industry to complete this course. Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AUR31016 – Certificate III in Automotive Sales
To achieve AUR31016 Certificate III in Automotive Sales 20 units must be successfully completed. These include 10 core units and 10 electives.