AHC30816 Certificate III in Arboriculture
Do you enjoy working outdoors or are you passionate about a career in Arboriculture?
Certificate III in Arboriculture enables industry participants to gain the knowledge and skills for specialised units as a means of gaining a start in the arboriculture industry.
It is also useful for industry participants who wish to update existing qualifications and meet certification requirements for activities such as aerial rescue and rigging practices where training currency is required.
Training in these units includes practical sessions in parklands and forest environments where climbing skills in rope and harness and climbing irons are developed under the supervision of practising arborists.
Employment opportunities include:
Dates and Times
- Rolling Intake
- Duration: varies depending on units selected, predominately on the job
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- You must either be employed in industry or have access to a property to complete the practical component of training
Resources and Equipment
Participants will have access to contemporary climbing equipment and use a range of rigging equipment to develop skills for the controlled removal and lowering of branch material.
Participants are encouraged to use their own climbing equipment along with helmets and cut resistant trousers/chaps. If you do not have these items or are not sure what equipment to purchase TasTAFE can provide these items. Chainsaws and rigging hardware are provided.
Safety glasses and hearing protection are the responsibility of individuals.
Certification in the use of chainsaws is a requirement for this program.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
- Full Fee: $1945.00 (entitled students)*
- Concession: $310.00 annually (entitled students with a concession)*
- Full Fee: $2334.00 (non-entitled students)
- Concession: $370.00 annually (non-entitled students with a concession).
*note – majority of people that have not completed a Certificate III or above in the last five years are entitled students
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
- 23 units of competency: 14 core units plus 9 elective units.