AHC30110 Certificate III in Agriculture
AHC30110 Certificate III in Agriculture is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. It provides a general vocational outcome in agriculture. The qualification enables individuals to select a livestock production or cropping context as a job focus or, in the case of mixed farming enterprises, both.
This course develops knowledge and skills to tradesperson level.
This qualification would suit:
- People currently working in the Rural Industry and wanting to gain a qualification
- People who have completed some units of the Certificate I or Certificate II in Agriculture and now wanting the entire qualification
- People who would like to work in the Rural industry.
- People looking for a change in career.
- People who need to gain skills to satisfy various industry licensing requirements.
Depending on how you completed this training, further study or career options may include:
- Students who complete selected units only, may enrol in the entire Certificate III Agriculture.
- Full or part-time training that leads to a Certificate IV in Agriculture.
- Qualified Agricultural tradesperson.
Dates and Times
This qualification is available as an Apprenticeship. For more information go to our Apprenticeship and Traineeship page.
- Rolling Intake
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- Next Intake: 2018
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Learning options available for people looking for a change in career, and those who would like to gain skills by completing some units will include:
- Learning will be in a rural workplace with access to TasTAFE facilities where appropriate.
- Demonstrations to show you how to do things.
- Learning Guides.
- Books that contain information to help with your learning.
- DVDs and Videos.
- Resources that give you extra support and information.
- Classroom learning for theory.
- One-on-one mentoring.
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. You will have the option to be assessed by:
- Short written assessment question and answer style test.
- Projects group or individual, may be practical or research based.
- Assignments research topic and provide a written response.
- Practical you will be observed doing tasks.
- All students may be assessed in the workplace.
- If required, other assessment methods may be used for students (eg verbal tests instead of short written tests)
- Testimonials from supervisor.
- Photographic and other media evidence.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Are there ‘Other Fees’ for this course?
Yes, the following are required:
- First Aid Certificate $30
- Chainsaw Licence $150
- ChemCert Manual $105
- Operate Ride on Quad Bikes $415
The Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management training package (ACH30110) units you will be studying will be made clear before you start your course. We will discuss these in our Information Session, and you will also find them in the:
- Induction booklet that is provided to all students
- Training Plan for Trainees and Apprentices.
Agricultural students are expected to:
- read and interpret manufacturer’s instructions for use of chemicals and other information required for Occupational Health & Safety Purposes
- keep production and other essential records
- deal easily with basic maths
- have a keen interest in practical agricultural work
Support is available to help students who may have difficulty meeting the above requirements. Some of these skills may be improved through the learning process.
If required, other assessment methods may be used for students (eg verbal tests instead of short written tests).
To successfully achieve a Certificate III in Agriculture (AHC30110), 16 units must be completed comprising of 2 core unit and 14 elective units.