AHC20916 Certificate II in Sports Turf Management
Have you ever wanted a career working outdoors at a sports venue?
Then AHC20916 – Certificate II in Sports Turf Management might be for you.
You might already work part-time or be a volunteer in the turf industry – why not be accredited for your skills? This course would suit people new or existing to the industry and is a mixture of theory and practical sessions with TasTAFE being used as a simulated workplace. This course will provide participants with a range of skills and knowledge in areas such as the treatment of weeds, turf renovation, environmental practices, irrigation maintenance and preparing a turf surface for play. You would also enjoy regular work placements at various sporting venues such as golf courses, cricket grounds and bowls clubs.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Assistant Curator
Location, Dates and Times
AHC31316 – Certificate III in Sports Turf Management, AHC40816 – Certificate IV in Sports Turf Management and AHC51016 – Diploma of Sports Turf Management are also offered via the workplace.
- Rolling Intake – Flexible Delivery
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
- You need to be employed in the industry to complete this qualification
This course is delivered on campus and via work placement.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
There are no essential entry requirements for this course.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AHC20916 – Certificate II in Sports Turf Management.
- National ChemCert accreditation
- Operate and Maintain Chainsaws accreditation
- Operate Brushcutter accreditation
To achieve this qualification 15 units of competency must be successfully completed which may include:
- Support turf establishment
- Treat weeds
- Participate in OHS processes
- Apply chemicals under supervision
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Operate basic machinery and equipment
- Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Maintain pressurised irrigation systems
- Prepare turf surfaces for play
- Plant trees and shrubs
- Operate and maintain chainsaws
- Renovate grassed areas