UEE20111 Certificate II in Split Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
This program is designed for Plumbers/Electricians who need to install Split Air conditioners/ Heat Pump systems or split system hot water systems.
This qualification is part of the Electrotechnology Training Package. It covers the installation, commissioning and de-commissioning of single head, split air conditioning and heat pump systems to a prescribed routine where the maximum plant capacity for each system does not exceed 18 kWr. This includes wall-hung, floor and ceiling-suspended, cassette and ducted fan coil split systems and water heating heat pump systems. This qualification excludes competencies required for service, repair, maintenance, diagnostic/fault finding and electrical work or the safe and proper installation of commercial refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump plant and equipment.
This course covers the following areas:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning fundamentals as applicable to air conditioning split systems
- Refrigeration procedures for joining/connecting copper tube as applicable to air conditioning split systems
- Refrigerants including ozone depletion, codes of good practice, evaluation & pressure testing
- Refrigeration system components as applicable to air conditioning split systems
- Residential air conditioning including installation, commissioning and decommissioning as applicable to air conditioning split systems
After 4 days of campus training and assessment, there is a requirement to gather a portfolio of specific workplace evidence that you will need to successfully complete within two months of the campus based training for your results to be completed.
- Candidates must hold an Unrestricted Electrical Occupational Licence OR have evidence of competence in units UEENEEE101A, UEENEEE102A, UEENEEE105A, UEENEEE107A and UEENEEE137A.
- Each candidate is required to have a workplace supervisor with a suitable ARC Licence to verify their workplace evidence.
Please note: Register early as places are limited! Maximum number in a group is 10.
Claremont Campus: Link Road, Claremont – 4 days, 8am to 4.30pm
- Next intake: 2018
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Devonport Campus: 20-36 Valley Road, Devonport – 4 days, 8am to 4.30pm
- Next intake: 2018
- Next dates are based on expression of interests
Participants must be from selected trade backgrounds including Electricians, Plumbers, Mech Service Plumbers.
You will be required to obtain your own training license from the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC). Assistance during the course will be provided – please bring a passport size photograph.
2017: $1,820 per person
Participants may be eligible for funding assistance – you will need to contact TBCITB on (03) 6223 7804 or website www.tbcitb.com.au
Upon successful completion of training, students will be awarded a UEE20111 Certificate II in Split Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
This enables participants to apply to the Australian Refrigeration Council for appropriate licensing.