FDF20510 Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance
This qualification has been superseded. The new qualification should be available in 2019.
FDF20510 – Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance is for people working within a retail baking environment, non-trade related work or working as a trade assistant. Typically this would include some predetermined, routine baking functions with customer service and general preparation and cleaning skills.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Roles in the bakeries, cake and pastry industries
Location, Dates and Times
Drysdale Campus – Hobart
- Next Intake: To be confirmed
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Information Session: Wednesday, 28 November 2018 – anytime between 4pm and 6.30pm
- Venue: Drysdale Campus, 59 Collins Street, Hobart
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Devonport Campus – Drysdale
- Next Intake: February 2019
- Duration: Full-time – Monday to Friday – 9am to 3.30pm
- Information Session: Wednesday, 28 November 2018 – 11am or 5.30pm
- Venue: Drysdale – Devonport Campus, 20 Valley Road, Devonport
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
This course is delivered on campus.
- Assessment is in line with those requirements set out by the national training package
- Recognition will be given to those who have previous experience
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
What will I need to bring?
- Students are required to provide their own safety boots
- Minimum tools required which can be purchased from TasTAFE
Are there any ‘other’ costs?
Approximately $180 for tools and uniforms.
There are no essential entry requirements for this course.
FDF20510 – Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance.
To successfully complete this course all students are required to complete 13 units: 8 core and 5 elective.
This course is based on students making products while demonstrating the skills and knowledge for the 13 required unit.