Programs Literacy and Numeracy for Work and Training
These free programs provide help with reading, writing and maths.
FSK10113 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways
This course is designed to improve your reading and writing skills and build your confidence for further learning. In this course you will learn to:
- Identify your learning needs and goals
- Communicate with confidence
- Read and write for everyday purposes
- Apply simple study skills
This course is designed to help you improve your numeracy skills by building confidence and success working with numbers. In this course you will learn to:
- Carry out calculations in practical, daily situations
- Compare and use everyday measurements and quantities
- Use digital technology for everyday tasks
FSK10213 Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways
This course is designed to improve your reading and writing skills for further study. In this course you will learn to:
- Develop your learning goals
- Develop a simple learning plan
- Read, write and respond to texts used in everyday adult settings
- Structure and edit your work looking at punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Participate in a range of discussions with confidence
This course is designed to help you improve your numeracy skills for further study and to undertake routine workplace maths with confidence. In this course you will learn to:
- Measure quantities using measuring instruments and units
- Calculate whole numbers, simple fractions, decimals and percentages
- Identify 3D shapes and describe and draw 2D shapes
- Compare and use everyday measurements and quantities
- Use digital technology to undertake tasks
FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
This program is delivered across a full year, 2 days per week and provides students with a comprehensive literacy, numeracy and ICT foundation from which to springboard into other, higher level programs. Students can enrol in the full course at any time. In this program we are offering three units from the ICT20115 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology as part of a full preparation program for work and further study. The ICT units will be delivered in second semester.
- Reading and writing in the workplace
- Workplace communication
- Calculations and measurement
- Job identification and career planning
- Software applications
- Digital media
- Social media
This course will give you the fundamental skills needed to prepare you for gainful employment or further education.
10583NAT Certificate I in Access to Work and Training
This course is designed to improve your spelling skills and strategies at any level, to build your confidence for study and everyday life.
Preliminary Reading and Writing
Improve your reading and writing in 2019 with this free, accredited course for people with an intellectual disability.
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
- 10584NAT Certificate II in Career Preparation
- ICT10115 Certificate I In Information, Digital Media And Technology
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services
Location, dates and times
Campbell Street Campus
- Literacy and Spelling – Wednesdays – 9am to 3pm. Enrol anytime
- Numeracy – Mondays – 1pm to 4pm. Enrol anytime
- Preliminary Reading and Writing – Tuesdays – 9am to 12pm. Enrol anytime
- FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways – Mondays & Wednesdays – 9am to 2.30pm. Please contact Vocational Preparation South on 6165 5805 for information on mid-year enrolments for this course.
FSK10213 – Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways – ‘Everyday Literacy and Numeracy’
An entry point for students who are preparing for a vocational course or who are unsure of their pathway.
FSK20113 – Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways – ‘Vocational Literacy and Numeracy’
To build your confidence, improve your skills and help you to succeed in returning to work or study by participating in this course.
- Next Intake: 10 February 2020
- Duration: 18 weeks, 2 days per week, Monday & Tuesday, 9am to 2.30pm
|Alanvale||Wednesday, 27 November 2019, 2pm to 3pm
Room C2.27, C Block, 54a Alanvale Road, Newnham
FSK10113 Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways – ‘Everyday Literacy and Numeracy’
FSK10213 Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways- ‘Prevocational Literacy and Numeracy’
FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways – ‘Vocational Literacy and Numeracy’
Devonport / Burnie Campuses
- Course Dates: 23 July – 5 December 2019
- Rolling Intakes: You can start this course at any time
- Duration: Monday – Thursday, 9am to 3pm
These courses are delivered on campus.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
These courses are free.
What will I need to bring?
- Pens and notebook
There are no essential requirements for this course.
An interview process will be conducted to ensure this is the right course for you. Interviews are conducted in small group settings
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
FSK10113 – Certificate I in Access to Vocational Pathways
FSK10213 – Certificate 1 in Skills for Vocational Pathways
FSK20113 – Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
Statement of Attainment for units successfully completed
To achieve FSK10113 Certificate 1 in Access to Vocational Pathways 11 units must be successfully completed. These include seven core units and four electives. Electives are selected based on industry and/or employer consultation.
To achieve FSK10213 Certificate 1 in Skills for Vocational Pathways 11 units must be successfully completed. These include seven core units and four electives. Electives are selected based on industry and/or employer consultation.
To achieve FSK20113 Certificate 2 in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways 14 units must be successfully completed. These include eight core units and six electives. Electives are selected based on industry and/or employer consultation.