Skill Set Basic Aluminium/Steel Fabrication
TASMSS0037 – Basic Aluminium/Steel Fabrication Skill Set
Learn basic Aluminium/Steel fabrication skills in sheet and plate assembly and gas metal arc welding.
Units of competence offered include:
- MEM03003B – Perform Sheet and Plate Assembly
- MEM05050B – Perform routine gas metal arc welding
- MEM13014A – Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment
- MEM18001C – Use hand tools
- MEM18002B – Use power tools/hand held operations
Location, dates and times
Bender Drive, 8 Bender Drive, Derwent Park
- Next Intake; 2020
- Duration: approx. 20 weeks, evenings – 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Dates will be advised with sufficient numbers
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Students who complete the TASMSS0036 – Introduction to Welding Processes Skill Set and continue onto the TASMSS0037 – Basic Aluminium/Steel Fabrication Skill Set will receive credit transfer for MEM05050B – Perform Routine Gas Metal Arc Welding and MEM13014A – Apply Principles Of Occupational Health And Safety In The Work Environment and may complete the skill set in less time.
This course is delivered on campus.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
Full Fee: $289
Plus a $200 non-refundable materials fee
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.