Short Course Assist Clients with Medication (Upgrade – 1 day Program)
Assist Clients with Medication-upgrade is for workers who have gained competency in CHCCS305C, B or A and are currently employed within a support role in the community services industry supporting people to self-administer medication. This program has been designed to align with the requirements of Disability Services “Medication Management Framework”.
This program requires participants to:
- Register for the course by calling TasTAFE on 1300 655 307
- Complete reading of written information provided at the time of enrolment before the workshop
- Attend a 1 day workshop, where participants will refresh their knowledge about commonly used medications and potential side effects, the safe administration of oral medication, drops, lotions and creams and the relationship between medications and body systems. Participants will be given the opportunity to apply their knowledge in a simulated, hands-on learning environment
- Be observed in the workplace over a period of time by their nominated workplace supervisor*. Participants will be given an assessment book to complete, which combines practice sessions in the workplace with some written activities. This workbook must be completed before final assessment.
- Undergo assessment by a qualified TasTAFE assessor in the workplace, on more than one occasion, within a variety of circumstances and medication types. This will include TasTAFE staff visiting the workplace at pre-arranged times to complete discreet, thorough assessments. (Where workplace assessment would cause undue stress to clients, simulated assessment may be negotiated) .
You cannot complete this course without the support from your workplace. Registration for this course must come from your employer.
Please register your interest as course dates are set subject to demand.
Clarence Campus – Tuesday, 9am to 4pm
- 24 October 2018
- 28 November 2018
- 2018 dates to be advised
For bookings and further information please call 1300 655 307 or email email@example.com.
2018: $200 per person (program costs can be negotiated for single employer groups)
Participants who display competence against the requirements of the unit will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the unit listed below.