AHC33116 Certificate III in Advanced Wool Handling
AHC33116 Certificate III in Advanced Wool Handling is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. This qualification focuses on a specialist wool handling role and allows individuals who are already working in the wool handling industry to develop further skills and knowledge in order to fulfil specialist roles in the organisation. The wool industry expects individuals with this qualification to perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications applied in a wide variety of contexts, which may involve application of some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures. Most of the learning is completed ‘on the job’ in the shearing sheds and there are also a number of improver and crutching workshops offered throughout the training.
This course is for people who are currently employed in a rural workplace, or people who have access to shearing sheds. You could complete the full Certificate III in Advanced Wool Handling within approximately eighteen to thirty six months on the job.
Shearing shed hands and/or wool handlers. There is a network of Shearers throughout Australia and New Zealand that is used to assist shearers and wool handlers with ongoing employment in a predominately sessional industry.
Dates and Times
- You can enrol and start at any time. We will work with you to determine a training and assessment plan that best suits your needs.
- Duration: Eighteen to thirty six months depending on your skill level and experience.
- Location: Delivered on the job as well as at workshops that are available in various sites such as Fingal, Ross and Cressy.
Learning options available for people completing this qualification will include:
- Learning will be in shearing sheds with access to workshops throughout the training
- Demonstrations – to show you how to do things
- Learning Guides – Books that contain information to help with your learning
- AWI Tutorials – Resources that give you extra support and information
- Classroom learning for theory
- One-on-one mentoring
Throughout all assessments, workplace health & safety procedures must be followed. You will be assessed by:
- Short written assessment – question and answer style test.
- Practical – you will be observed doing tasks.
- All students will be assessed in the workplace.
- If required, other assessment methods may be used for students (eg verbal tests instead of short written tests)
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Resources and Equipment
Students are required to have appropriate enclosed footwear, long trousers and no loose fitting clothing when completing practical work in the shearing sheds.
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites for this qualification however students must have access to shearing sheds to complete the practical work within this qualification.
To successfully achieve a AHC33116 Certificate III in Advanced Wool Handling ten units must be completed including nine core units and one elective unit.