Skill Set Advanced Welding Certificate (Post Trades)
Advanced Welding Certification (Post Trades)
TasTAFE is offering commercial courses in Flux Cored Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding and Manual Metal Arc Welding – Pipe which meet AS1796.
This is for current engineering trades people
Units of competence offered include:
- MEM05026C – Apply welding principles (Theory)
- MEM05043B – Perform Welds To Code Standards Using Gas Metal Arc Welding Process (MIG)
- MEM05044B – Perform Welds To Code Standards Using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process (TIG)
- MEM05045B – Perform Pipe Welds To Code Standards Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Process (Stick-pipe)
Location, Dates and Times
- Bender Drive: Wednesday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Alanvale: Wednesday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Devonport: Wednesday, 5pm to 9pm
Duration will depend on the number of units chosen.
Programs may be delivered day or evening and will commence subject to sufficient numbers.
This course is delivered on campus.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
2018 Cost: $1500 per discipline.
2019 Cost: To be advised.
For further fee and payment information visit www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Must meet the requirements of AS1796.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.