FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting
FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting is designed to provide the education and training to be a tax agent, clerical officer, assistant accountant or accountant with specialist skills. This qualification provides the entry requirements into the National Institute of Accountants and up to 10 units of credit towards the Bachelor of Business with the University of Tasmania under the current articulation arrangements.
This qualification would suit:
- Those who have completed the Diploma of Accounting and are on a journey to gain higher level accounting qualifications in the TasTAFE system or a Degree at University level using the TasTAFE/University of Tasmania Articulation Agreement
- Those who work as a bookkeeper and want further skills in taxation and higher level accounting and reporting skills and knowledge
- Those wishing to be fully qualified as an Accountant and a member of an accounting professional organisation
- Those seeking ultimately a career as a registered tax agent
- Those people who do not want to gain the complete qualification but complete individual units as required for professional development or career advancement.
Depending on how you completed this training, further study or career options may include:
- Working as a Clerical Officer, Office Manager, Payroll Officer, Bookkeeper, Assistant Accountant or Accountant
- Be a recognised bookkeeper on joining a bookkeeping professional organisation with opportunities to access ongoing professional development
- As an employed bookkeeper, prepare and submit Business Activity Statement (BAS) returns for your business employer
- As a contract bookkeeper, prepare and submit BAS returns for small businesses. (Note: Specific eligibility requirements exist under the current income tax legislation)
- Joining the Institute of Public Accountants as an Associate member
- Continuing study at Degree level at University and obtain the required work experience to obtain membership of CPA Australia or the Institute of Chartered Accountants. The Advanced Diploma of Accounting entitles people between up to 10 units of credit into the Bachelor of Business under the TasTAFE/University of Tasmania Articulation Agreement.
Dates and Times
- Information Booklet
- Next Intake: 2018
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Suitability Process. Please allow 1 hour and 30 minutes in total for the process.
Please bring along:
- Proof of identification (at least 2 forms)
- Proof of concession if applicable
- A current resume
- Transcripts of results achieved previously at other educational institutions
Options will include:
- Day classes
- Flexible study may be available in some centres
Throughout all assessments, Occupational Health & Safety procedures must be followed. Options for assessment will include:
- Preparing financial records and reports for simulated business situations
- Preparing reports for management
- Being observed performing practical tasks
- On-line quizzes and tasks
- Short answers
- Examinations where required to meet specific competencies
All units in this qualification area assessed considering the employability skills of:
- problem solving
- initiative and enterprise
- planning and organising
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
You will need to demonstrate that you have taxation, budgeting, management accounting, financial management, legal knowledge and well developed bookkeeping skills and knowledge, which can be obtained in the Diploma of Accounting, Certificate IV in Accounting and Certificate III in Accounts Administration.
You will need an aptitude for finance and an interest in computer applications as demonstrated by an interest or work in the clerical/ bookkeeping/ accounting industry or previous accounting study.
To attain the Advanced Diploma of Accounting, 14 units must be achieved, 3 core units and 11 electives.