APPRENTICESHIP INFORMATION EVENINGS
Undertaking an apprenticeship is a great career option! It is an excellent alternative to university, as you will experience a more practical approach to learning, with the bonus of earning while you are learning!
You can start an apprenticeship as a school leaver, re-entering the workforce, or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers. In fact, you can even begin an apprenticeship while finishing secondary school.
Come along to find out everything you need to know about apprenticeships! Either for yourself or as a parent interested in exploring an apprenticeship for your child.
Our expert apprenticeship panel will discuss:
- why apprenticeships are a great career option
- what’s involved with an apprenticeship
- pathways to gaining an apprenticeship
- how school based apprenticeships work
- how the apprenticeship system works – role of the apprentice, employer, Apprentice Network Provider and training provider
- where the ‘apprenticeships’ will be in the future, and
- apprentices and employers will share their personal stories
Along with the expert panel discussion, you will have the opportunity to chat to presenters and teaching staff, and go on a campus tour of one of our training facilities.
Burnie Campus Cafeteria
Tuesday, 27 November 2018, 6PM – 7.30PM
41- 43 Mooreville Road, Burnie
Alanvale Campus Cafeteria
Wednesday 28 November 2018, 6PM – 7.30PM
54a Alanvale Road, Newnham
Clarence Campus Cafeteria
Thursday 29 November 2018, 6PM – 7.30PM
4a Bounty Street, Warrane
TasTAFE would like to acknowledge Skills Tasmania, the Department of Education – School Based Apprenticeship Team, MEGT, MAS National, along with our guest apprentices and employers for supporting this initiative.