TasTAFE is the largest public vocational education and training provider in Tasmania, and trains around 25,000 students across a number of campuses and specialist training facilities each year.
Around 800 people work for TasTAFE, and we pride ourselves on delivering quality training to the Tasmanian community.
If you are an enthusiastic and passionate individual who has in-depth knowledge, skills and experience in their chosen trade/profession, and wants to make a difference to the next generation of workers… apply today to become a teacher at TasTAFE.
Current teacher positions on offer:
Sorry, we don’t have any current vacancies at the moment – please check back again soon!
To apply, visit the Tasmanian Government Jobs website.
Thinking of moving to Tasmania?
We may be slightly biased, but we believe living and working in Tasmania provides a lifestyle second to none. If you are from out of state, have you considered moving to Tasmania?
Here’s five reasons why you should consider applying for a teaching position with us:
- Lifestyle – the lifestyle in Tasmania is generally quieter and more relaxed than the mainland. Enjoy a slower pace (and less time spent in traffic!), so that you can spend more time enjoying what’s important to you.
- Community – our state may be small in size and population but our sense of community is strong, and we are a pretty friendly and welcoming bunch! Tasmania provides a safe environment – the ideal place to raise a family.
- Affordability – owning your own piece of paradise is possible. Tasmania’s housing and living costs make us one of the most affordable states to live in Australia
- Nature – whether it’s the sound of the ocean, or our wild mountain wilderness, you’ll have access to some of the world’s best beaches and forests. Everything is within short driving distance from wherever you are.
- Culture – renowned for fine food, fresh produce, wine and craft beers, a growing arts and festival movement, and numerous markets and events, there is always something to do or see.