TasTAFE is the largest public vocational education and training provider in Tasmania, and trains around 25,000 students across a number of campuses and specialist training facilities each year.
Around 800 people work for TasTAFE, and we pride ourselves on delivering quality training to the Tasmanian community.
If you are an enthusiastic and passionate individual who has in-depth knowledge, skills and experience in their chosen trade/profession, and wants to make a difference to the next generation of workers… apply today to become a teacher at TasTAFE.
Current teaching positions on offer:
Current teaching vacancies are advertised on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website.
Teacher under Supervision
TasTAFE regularly advertises teaching positions, however due to buoyant conditions across a number of industry sectors, a new teaching position ‘Teacher under Supervision’ has been developed to help meet industry demand for skilled and experienced teachers.
So, if you love your trade/profession but are thinking about a career change – it might be time to consider combining your skills, knowledge and passion and become a teacher at TasTAFE! It‘s the perfect career change – not only will you still be supporting your industry and using your specialist skills and knowledge, but you’ll also be able to share what you know to teach the next generation!
Current Teacher under Supervision vacancies are advertised on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website.
Thinking of moving to Tasmania?
We may be slightly biased, but we believe living and working in Tasmania provides a lifestyle second to none. If you are from out of state, have you considered moving to Tasmania?
Here’s five reasons why you should consider applying for a teaching position with us:
- Lifestyle – the lifestyle in Tasmania is generally quieter and more relaxed than the mainland. Enjoy a slower pace (and less time spent in traffic!), so that you can spend more time enjoying what’s important to you.
- Community – our state may be small in size and population but our sense of community is strong, and we are a pretty friendly and welcoming bunch! Tasmania provides a safe environment – the ideal place to raise a family.
- Affordability – owning your own piece of paradise is possible. Tasmania’s housing and living costs make us one of the most affordable states to live in Australia
- Nature – whether it’s the sound of the ocean, or our wild mountain wilderness, you’ll have access to some of the world’s best beaches and forests. Everything is within short driving distance from wherever you are.
- Culture – renowned for fine food, fresh produce, wine and craft beers, a growing arts and festival movement, and numerous markets and events, there is always something to do or see.